Saturday, December 24, 2005

In The Name Of Love

      In a recent dialogue with my 19 year old son, he asked, "how will I know the right girl when she comes along?"   I smiled, I remember asking that question to myself a long time ago.       "your name" I answered.     "what?" he replied..."what about my name?"     "You will know by the way she says your name"  I answered      I knew he did not  fully understand what I was imparting so I explained.....   "when you were two years old and beginning to utter words and make short sentences, they were so cute and precious to listen to. Of all the words you uttered, the one that elevated my spirit was "Daddy"........ I remember coming home from a difficult day at work...and I would  walk in the house and hear your chirp "daddy!".. The pain of day was erased, a new light of joy would come rushing in from just hearing you say my name."     My son smiled, "really?"   "yes...for sure.....So, when your name is spoken, and its mention makes you feel special, the sound of your name on her lips elevates your spirit to its highest point, you will know, she is the one."     "wow....thanks  Dad"   ......I just smiled.....and mused......even at 19 when he says "Dad"....it just makes my day!   May you all feel that special love when you hear your name!  Peace & Warmth....Marc :)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

great entry. :)

Sometimes it IS all in the name.
merry christmas!

Anonymous said...

Marc what a lovely entry.......Ally

Anonymous said...

Wonderful entry!
Judith

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!!  Always nice stopping by your journal!  I love to see the kids open their gifts and all the excitement.  I don't think I'll ever tire of that and the squeals of delight are great too when you know you got the perfect gift.  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Awwww!! That's so sweet. I hope you and yours are having a Happy Holiday! ~ Lor

Anonymous said...

thats good marc

good advice

lets hope the wrong girl isnt an actress with voice lessons

errrrrrrrrrrrrrr

lizzzzzzzzza

ps yeah i know, pessimistic

Anonymous said...

I see the wise man continues to dispense his wisdom. You are absolutely right about what you told your son. My husband said I was the ONLY person who ever called him by his full first name...and he loved it. I guess I elevated his spirit when I spoke it. ::smile::

Merry Belated Christmas, Marc. ::hug::

Anonymous said...

Well after the post about Bloomingdales I had to see what else you write.  What a wise man you are, I love this post too.  You write very poetically although not exactly in poetic form.  I sense that you are a person that is passionate about life.  Thanks for your wonderful insights.

Marlene-PurelyPoetry

Anonymous said...

Marc~That just gave me a warm feeling all over & ya know it's true for me as well. You can tell when that special person says your name! Lovely! ;-))) Sassy

http://journals.aol.com/SassyDee50/SassysEYE

Anonymous said...

You made me feel all warm and fuzzy and reminded me of the days long ago.  Nice sentiment!

Anonymous said...

Awesome entry!  I will remember this always...... thanks!  Coming to your journal and reading this entry has perfect timing.  
d
http://journals.aol.com/nightmaremom/Thisandthatandhockey/

Anonymous said...

Marc...I can always expect something wonderful in your journal. Great entry!  Happy New Year buddy!!!

Robin

Anonymous said...

OOOHHHH...MARC!

Anonymous said...

Shhh...Marc...Christmasss Wisssssshesssss. ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies