Tuesday, February 22, 2005

MEN! Are We THAT Obvious or Just Abiguous??

Just returned from the gym ( I guess I make my best observations from that place!).   On the way out, I stopped to observe the final minutes of a Tai Chi class.  What an exquisite sight to the eyes! No, it wasn't the 30 women dressed in spandex that was so compelling, but the gracefullness in which they were executing the movements!

   The women were facing  away from me......legs scissored apart, torso slightly arched forward, arms flowing forward and up. Slowly, bringing their legs together and bending on tapered ankles...then slowly raising one leg and extending delicate toes, as if they were about to walk on air!  My attention was drawn to how  natural their movements seemed, every joint seemed so eloquently supple.  Then my attention was drawn to figure in the far off corner......a woman with shoulder length hair, dressed in sweat pants and a sweat shirt. The outfit disguising the lovely shape that the other women had. I noticed her movements were more methodical, her wrist action less supple....instead of a gentle lean forward...she lurched. "Oh dear" I said to myself, "where has this one lived, not have inherited the gracefullness that existed in the other participants."

      The group leader gently instructed the group through their last move, and the class was over. The women filed out of the room. I almost had the urge to applaud! Then that last, not so eloquent one exited the room.......and I was overcome with "revealation"!  It was not a woman, but a long haired Hippie dude who I had observed. I then had the answers as to the obvious awkardness of this participant......the problem was strictly gender related!

     Women! When it comes to imitating a branch being gently blown in the wind...you win!!

In awe........Marc :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww......I just love you Marc!

Anonymous said...

LOL!
great stuff :D

Anonymous said...

That is such a sweet entry!  
I wonder how i would do in a Tai Chi class! hehe

Anonymous said...

Tai chi blows me away.  I lack the suppleness you describe, but it's growing, and a suppleness of spirit is growing as well.  I got into it because I'd heard it described as prayer in motion, and I've found it to be one of the most apt descriptions I've ever heard.  Thanks for visiting my journal. http://journals.aol.com/sistercdr/Sortingthepieces

Anonymous said...

Wonderful descriptive moment!