Tuesday, January 18, 2005

I Pity The Poor Immigrant

I am surrounded by many who do not speak our language. I am reminded of the difficulty that an immigrant faces.....I am also reminded of another immigrant and the challanges and obstacles  that we place before it. I am speaking of the immigrant soul.

   Like the immigrant that comes to our land, our soul comes to us, not understanding our language and adopted customs. Like the immigrant that comes to our land, our soul, which mends our spirit, is forced to work long hours into the night, and is left with little to sustain itself.

    Like the immigrant that comes to our land and develops a taste to satisfied, our soul too begins to call out for more. Like the immigrant that comes to our land,our soul too, realizes it has spent much of its energy in vain.

    Like the immgrant who came to our shore...our soul came to us with the same thing.....HOPE.

    Embracing my immigrant friend, no I will not fail you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this!! very very true! i can talk your language.. but i feel out of place sometimes. but its all good... all things make us grow!